Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
We are seeking a dynamic Field Service Technician Specializing in the maintenance and management of printer, MFP, desktop PC, and network infrastructure management to join our Check City team. As a Field Service Technician, you will play a critical role in providing on-site support and maintenance for our I.T. systems. If you are passionate about technology, possess strong problem-solving skills, enjoy working with a fun and diverse group of coworkers, and delivering exceptional customer service, we want you on our team!
Since our first store opened in 1986, Check City has earned a reputation as a friendly, honest, and valued provider of convenient financial services. With more than 65 stores located in multiple states, Check City offers hundreds of thousands of loyal customers an impressive range of financial services, exceptional customer service, comfortable and inviting stores, and the peace of mind that comes from working with an established national company with a solid reputation and fun company culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to service requests and traveling to various locations to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair software, hardware and issues printing.
- Preventive maintenance and calibration on a variety of printer models to ensure top performance and minimize downtime.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems related to printers (i.e., paper jams, connectivity issues, and print quality concerns).
- Install and configure new printers.
- Educating and supporting employees on proper printer usage, maintenance, and support issues.
- Staying up to date on the latest printer models, technologies, and industry trends.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment.
- Keeping accurate records of helpdesk tickets and service calls, including details of repairs, parts, and time spent on each service call.
- Valid driver's license with clean DMV driving record and a personal vehicle.
- Must be able to work any schedule as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2- 3 years work related experience.
- Industry recognized IT Certification preferred but not required - i.e., CompTIA A+, MCP, MCITP.
- Excellent knowledge of printer repair.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires driving, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, climbing stairs, talking, hearing and good vision is required. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Check out all the great benefits that we offer!
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Fuel Allowance
- Employee assistance program
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities other than those stated above.